The Joint admissions and Matriculation Board (JAMB) was established by an Act of 1978, subsequently amended in 1989 and 1993. By the virtue of the Act, the Board is empowered to be responsible for the:
General control over the conduct of matriculation examinations into all Universities, Monotechnics, Polytechnics and Colleges of Education;
Appointment of examiners, moderators, invigilators, members of the subject panels and committees and other persons with respect to matriculation examinations;
Placement of suitably qualified candidates in the tertiary institutions in collaboration with those institutions.
In furtherance of these functions, the Board conducts a matriculation examination for candidates seeking admissions to tertiary institutions within the country. This examination is known as the Unified Tertiary Matriculation Examination (UTME).

Who is Eligible

Those eligible to sit the UTME are holders of the following qualifications or their equivalents:

The West African School Certificate (WASC)
The Senior Secondary School Certificate (SSCE)
The National Technical Certificate or the National Business Certificate (NTC/NBC)
Teachers’ Grade II Certificate
Candidates who have sat or are scheduled to sit for examinations in any of these qualifications in the year of application may also sit for the UTME.

What is the Minimum Accepted Score?

The minimum UTME score required by a tertiary institution varies based on the type of institution. Below is a list of the minimum required scores:
i.   University – 160
ii.  Polytechnic/ Mono-Technic – 120
iii. College of Education – 100

Exam Preparation Duration

A Minimum period of Three – Four months of preparation is required to guarantee an Excellent performance.

To Register for our Intensive Training, Visit our Services -> Training Page

What is Required to Register?

To register for JAMB-UTME candidates need to have the following:
i.   A Valid Email address
ii. NIN (canceled for 2021)
iii. A JAMB profile
iv. Buy JAMB E-Registration PIN

Am I Eligible for my Institution of choice?

To check your Eligibility for your desired course of study and institution, JAMB has provided a verifiable site. Click Here

How to Register?

To register for JAMB-UTME, candidates would need to go to a JAMB accredited CBT-Center to register for the exam and collect their print out slip. To view the list of accredited CBT-Centers, Click Here

Let us go forward in this battle fortified by conviction that those who labour in the service of a great and good cause will never fail.